VC 22348 (b) – Consequences for Speeding over 100 mph

VC 22348 (b) Consequences for Speeding over 100 mphWhat are the Consequences of a Conviction for V.C. 22348 (b) Speeding over 100 mph?

VC 22348 (b) Speeding over 100 mph – Getting caught speeding is never good, but getting caught speeding for going over 100 mph, a violation of Vehicle Code Section 22348 (b) Speeding over 100 mph, can be really, really, bad.

You are likely looking at a minimum fine of $900, a suspension of your driver’s license for 30 days as the default consequences for a conviction for V.C. 22348 (b) for speeding over 100 mph in Orange County! If that’s not bad enough, the worst part may be the two points that go on your driving record, and remain there for seven years.

  • minimum fine of $900
  • 30-day suspension of your driver’s license
  • 2-points on your driving record for 7-years

To put these severe consequences in perspective, a one-point violation, such as running a stop sign or speeding 1-25 mph over the limit, carries a single point and remains on your record for three years. And a one-point infraction can usually be removed by attending traffic school, assuming you have not attended in the previous 18 months.

The 2-points for 7-years on your driving record for a conviction of speeding over 100 mph is actually the same as the points for a DUI conviction of driving under the influence! The amount will vary a great deal depending on your insurance company, driving record, and your personal demographics, but beware that this conviction will raise your insurance rates a good deal for the better part of a decade. Very likely this could be an expense in the five-figure range. That’s right. $10,000 to $20,000 or more for the coming years in increased real money expenses that otherwise would remain in your wallet or purse as your own spending money.

Avoid Consequences of VC 22348 (b) Speeding over 100 mph

There are many ways to avoid these harsh consequences. Some judges, if you plead guilty before trial, will reduce the fine and/or suspension. If a judge will reduce anything, and by how much, will usually depend on your prior driving history and the speed at which you were alleged to have traveled. However, while it might sound like a good deal to take a reduced fine and a shorter or no suspension by pleading guilty at the first court appearance, you will still be stuck with the two points on your record. This is because the judge has the ability to reduce parts of the sentence, but on his or her own motion the judge cannot change the charging section, and so the consequences of a conviction for VC 22348 (b) Speeding over 100 mph will always carry two points. So even if the judge gave you a minimal fine and no suspension, you would still have the two points on your driving record and corresponding increased insurance costs.

Course of Action Against VC 22348 (b) Speeding over 100 mph

The best course of action against a charge of VC 22348 (b) Speeding over 100 mph –almost always– is to set the case for trial. If the officer does not show for the trial, the case will likely be dismissed completely. If the officer does appear, it may still be possible to fight the ticket and win. If the ticket cannot be dismissed, an attorney may be able to negotiate a stipulation to a lower speed to reduce the citation to a one-point offense. And at that point it may even be possible to get traffic school, meaning zero points on your record.

The Right Lawyer:
To Keep Points Off Your Record...
To Protect Your Driver's License...
To FIGHT Your Traffic Ticket Right Now!

Get Your FREE Case Evaluation Now!